No Products in the Cart
100% Natural, Odourless and Hypoallergenic
There's no material more luxurious than silk. Incredibly smooth with a built-in temperature regulating property, a pure silk filled duvet is the luxury you need in your bedroom. Silk is often referred to as the fiber queen, investing in a silk filled duvet will improve your quality of sleep as it will keep out the cold and keep in the warm. Less sweat is produced when sleeping under a silk duvet, which means there are less bacteria that builds up. What’s more, silk fibroin contains a kind of “affinity side-chain amino acid”, which can absorb the moisture in the air, and then eliminate in as to maintain dry and keep comfortable. Our duvets are 4.5 Tog lightweight duvets, perfect for Autumn/Spring, keeping you snug and warm. For colder months you can buy 2 duvets and tie them together for extra warmth. All our duvets have ties on the corners and center hems so that they can be tied together easily. Each duvet comes in a Baia Living bag which can be used to store them in Summer.
How to care for your silk duvet
It is now generally accepted that no item containing silk should be cleaned with any form of chemical cleaner (such as those used in dry cleaning processes), as the chemicals will cause some hardening of the silk, thus reducing its softness. Silk is a natural fiber so washing with anything other than water will cause it to lose some of its natural properties. The traditional method of cleaning silk filled duvets is to sun cure them i.e., to air them in the sun a few times a year or as often as you like This has the effect of cleaning and purifying the silk floss, and under normal circumstances, no other cleaning will ever be required.
· Always use with a removable duvet cover for protection.
· The duvet must never be shaken strongly as this might displace the hand layered silk floss.
· Never dry clean, machine wash, hand wash in its entirety, or tumble dry. Washing your duvet will cause it to lose some of its natural properties.
· We recommend that the duvet is regularly aired for a maximum of 1 hours out of direct sunlight but in warm dry conditions.
· Localized spillages can be treated by immediately wiping the affected area with a clean white damp cloth. If the spillage has penetrated through to the silk floss, the affected area only may be delicately hand washed using lukewarm water (maximum 30º C) and a non-biological detergent suitable for washing wool, and thoroughly rinsed using cold water. Excess water can be removed by gently squeezing the two faces of the duvet together.
· After drying the duvet may be shaken gently to restore the position of the silk floss.